The idea for Chewbeads began in 2009 shortly after the birth of my son. Like most babies, he loved to put everything in his mouth and my necklaces were a favorite. Like most moms, I didn’t feel comfortable letting him chew on them, with concern that they might break or have unwanted chemicals. As a veteran of the fashion industry, I had an amazing collection of necklaces and bracelets, so with those as my inspiration, I set out to create soft, non-toxic jewelry, which was colorful, chic and, above all else safe. Hence, Chewbeads!
- Beads are made with 100% silicone (similar to pacifiers & nipples)
- Soft on babies gums and emerging teeth
- Easily cleaned with dish soap & water, also dishwasher safe!
- No BPA, PVC, Phthalates, Cadmium, or Lead
- Necklaces have a breakaway clasp for added safety
- Necklaces are a great sensory tool to help your baby focus while nursing
- Bracelets are a colorful reminder of which side you’ve just nursed